It is never a difficult task that how to get a job in UK for work permit. It may seem difficult at first in the beginning, but as you start searching different options, things get easier and easier. There are a lot of easy ways to find such jobs in the UK. But still finding an online job, it is really important to find it from an authorized portal so that no one can fraud with you. The best ever job portal is from UK government as below:
On this job portal you can find online jobs for registered and licensed sponsor for Tier 2 and 5 categories. It is indeed really important to first check that if your sponsor (employer) is registered with UK government to provide you a job. Here is a register of licensed sponsors:
Once you are confirmed, that your sponsor is registered with UK government to sponsor international employees, then you must proceed forward to ask your employer to send you job contract and sponsorship.
Do note that you need to send desired employer your interest in job. Normally it is done by submitting online application. If you do not choose online portals of chosen employer, then try this procedure:
Write and email to your desired employer by stating your interest in the job and let him know that you are available for the advertised job. Your email must be cleared and comprehensive so that employer could immediately determine if you are suitable for the advertised job.
Add in your email a cover letter that will let the employer know the exact job category you are going to apply for. This illustrates job type, and your interest in job as an international applicant.
Do not forget to send the CV with your visa application so that employer can come to know about your qualification, job experience, skills, objectives, and personal details.
Once you get a positive response from the employer and get the contract, then you can apply for the work visa in the UK embassy or visa application Centre.
Major eligibility requirements for UK work permit
- for applying a visa you must have a genuine certificate of sponsorship (provided by your employer) for your job
- you must also show that you’re being paid an appropriate salary for your job (at least £30,000 per year)
- you must show your knowledge of English at least level B1 (for IELTS it is 4.0 band score with no less than 4.0 in each module)
- you have to prove that you have in your personal bank account £945 for at least 90 days before you apply
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years ( this means to show your passport and other pages with visas or visa refusals)
- next is medical based document that you have tuberculosis (known as TB test) test result if you’re from a listed country for example from Pakistan
- last but not least, you may provide a police character certificate from any country you’ve lived in for a year or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people