Many of you often think about making a career in Canada. Canada work permit for less educated people is no more a dream. No doubt Canada is one of the greatest countries in terms of settling so many immigrants over the past few years. For getting work permit of Canada, one surely thinks of having good qualification and working skills. Good news is that, having only normal of less qualification, you can still qualify for work permit of Canada. For having complete information about this topic, you must first understand work permits categories in Canada.
Canada categories its work permit categories into 5 overall. Here we will only discuss about last two which are called skill level ‘C’ and skill level ‘D’.
So with only higher secondary school qualification, you can apply for these 2 categories. Skill level ‘C’ category is normally for intermediate jobs that usually call for high school or job specific training for example cashiers, cleaning jobs, and plumber helpers etc.
Skill level ‘D’ jobs are labor jobs that give on job training for example fruit pickers, cleaning staff, and laborers in sea food processing etc.
Being an applicant, if you apply through these categories, you can apply with less education. Before applying, you must make sure you have following requirements and documents.
Canada work permit requirements for less educated people
- You hold high school qualification
- You have at least 1 to 2 years of experience (regardless of the fact that for this category most of the time work training is given during job)
- You have IELTS certificate in general training with minimum 4 band score or any other recognized English language test
- You have a job offer from Canadian employer
- You have a positive LMIA (labor market impact assessment) report from government of Canada
- Your good health conditions
- You have a valid passport
How to find a job in Canada?
As stated about that major requirement for applying a Canadian work permit is job offer from a Canadian employer. Read here more and complete information about how to get job in Canada How To Get Job in Canada
Specified information for those who are less educated for example having qualification of only 12 years can follow this process for getting jobs in Canada:
How to get successful job offer from Canada?
- It is surely not easy to get a job in Canada by sitting in your home and applying online. But still there are some certain ways you can use to get successful job offer. Here are some steps to find a job successfully:
- You must first decide which is your job skill level. It could either be ‘C’ or ‘D’. Once decided, try to find job according to aforementioned process.
- Write an email to employer for selected job. If you do not know how to do this, read here complete information about How to Write an Email for a Job
- For writing an email and applying for a job, you must have a CV or Resume. Read here complete information about How to Make A CV or Resume
- Do not forget to add a cover letter that tells the employer prospective and summary of you email and job request. Read here complete information about How to Make a Cover Letter For Canada Jobs
- Upon successful dealing and interview with the employer, do ask him to send you work contract and LMIA for further process.
Read also Canadian Immigration Lottery Visa
How to apply for visa?
Once having above mentioned requirements done, you now can apply for a work permit of Canada. According to your country of citizenship, do find further information by asking you local Canadian embassy or Canadian Immigration Official website. In many countries, Canadian embassy does not accept direct visa applications and instead through VFS global (visa application center). Here are some steps that you need to consider:
- Decide if you have to online or on paper. In many countries, both processes are possible. Local Canadian embassy and VFS global can give you more information about it.
- After deciding application type, get the appointment for submitting visa application.
- Arrange all documents and have a copy set of each documents.
- Arrange the work permit fee (a visa application center can ask for additional fee)
- Submit the application on appointment day and be ready for an interview if you are asked to attend one
What are the required documents to apply for Canada work permit
- Personal passport
- Personal national ID card
- Visa application form (paper based or online printed)
- High school qualification certificate (attested by relevant authorities)
- Work experience letter from previous employer
- English language test report form (for example IELTS, general training)
- Job offer from employer including work contract (full-time)
- LMIA (labor market impact assessment) report from government of Canada
- Health certificate
- Police character certificate
- Personal CV
- Statement of purpose
- Any other additional documents required by local Canadian embassy in your home country