If you are also searching for an international job, for example in Canada, then you are rightly here. Below you will find the information and documents to download for preparing a cover letter.
How to Make A Cover Letter
Complete instructions and tips on how to write a cover letter
Follow the instructions below to know how to make a cover letter for applying a job.
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms./Dr. (Contact Person):
Write here first paragraph – this includes introduction (2 – 4 sentences)
Make sure that it establishes the purpose of your letter, attracts attention, and arouses interest.
- State why you are writing by naming the specific position or type of job.
- Tell how you heard about the position/employer and why you are interested in it.
- Insert a brief sentence that gives your degree, major, university, and graduation date.
Second/third paragraph – body (1 – 2 paragraphs, depending on your background)
- Do mention here that generates interest with content by indicating how much employer research you have done and how your skills/background match the employer’s needs.
- You should indicate how you can help the employer achieve organisational goals in your specialty. Do focus on what you can do for them rather than why you want the position.
- Highlight your most significant accomplishments, abilities, and experiences that are specifically relevant to the employer and job requirements.
- Sell your credentials – your mission is to prove you should be invited to an interview. Make reference to enclosures.
- Do not simply repeat your resume but point out important experiences and key assets – show some of this to demonstrate to the employer your personal qualities which cannot be indicated on a resume.
Third paragraph – closing (4 sentences maximum)
States your commitment to action.
Take the initiative to make clear what happens next – you will be calling to arrange an appointment, and/or ask for additional information.
State your availability. Let them know if/when you will be in the area.
- You should state that you have an enclosed resume or sample work.
- Indicate that you will call to inquire about the possibility of an interview and/or the timing or the selection process.
- Restate contact information so the employer can contact you.
Thank the employer.
Very truly yours/Sincerely,
Your name, typed