For applying student visa of Germany, one needs to submit all required documents.
Following are the major documents, however you may be asked to submit extra documents as per instructions of your respective Germany embassy.
List of documents to apply for student visa of Germany
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- Application form & declarations duly signed (click here to download visa application form)
- (3) passport size pictures according to biometric specifications (click here to check photo specification)
- cover letter from applicant explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
- letter of admission from German university or a studienkolleg (electronic version)
- proof of payment of study fees, if applicable
- proof of language proficiency in English and/or German (ONLY if course is taught in
German). Surely in MBBS in Germany case, you must show proof of German language certificate. This would be “Zertifikat Deutsch” by Goethe-Institut (GI) or NUML]´university.
- proof of other academic qualifications
- proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by one of the
– confirmation of scholarship/ stipend
– “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor (it could be a friend or a family member) living in Germany. You will have to provide too the income proofs and salary slips of their work or job.
– Proof of blocked account in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of 8640,- Euros. In case you opt for blocked account in Germany , the proof needs to include the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of 720,- Euros (blocked account complete details are at the end of this page)
- Complete list of children (download form)
- Additionally you will have to find in a security questionnaire. Download it here
- True information declaration form is also to be filled in for all applicants. Download
- If you have been refused previously for any German visa or Schengen, provide the details of refusal.
- Do not forget to take with you the appointment booking confirmation code.
- travel health insurance covering the period from your departure to the date of enrollment
at the university (mentioned in your letter of admission) (approx. 3 months). Following is the list (only for Pakistanis) of main health insurance companies that are authorized for providing you the policy.
- Adamjee Insurance Company Ltd.
- Asia Insurance Co Ltd
- Askari General Insurance Company Ltd
- Atlas Insurance
- CHUBB Insurance Company Ltd. (formerly ACE Insurance Ltd.)
- CICL (Century Insurance Company Ltd)
- Continental Insurance Company Ltd.
- Crescent Star Insurance Limited
- East West Insurance Company Ltd
- EFU General
- Habib Insurance Company Ltd.
- Jubilee General Insurance Co. Ltd
- PICIC (Pakistan Industrial Credit Investment Corporation)
- Premier Insurance Limited
- Pak-Qatar General Takaful Ltd
- Shaheen Insurance
- Sindh Insurance
- SPI Insurance Company Ltd (formerly Saudi Pak)
- TPL Direct Insurance Ltd
- UBL Insurers Ltd
- UIC (United Insurance Company)
- Universal Insurance Co. Ltd
Blocked account details
Arrange for your financial resources. Proof of blocked account in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of 8640,- Euros. In case you opt for blocked account in Germany , the proof needs to include the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of 720,- Euros. ( this amount keeps on changing for every year, so please do check latest required amount at the local German mission.
The blocked account can be possible in following ways:
- Through Fintiba online banking service. This is a German company that helps you opening an account in Germany.
- (Only for Pakistanis) Currently, you can also have a blocked account opened in UBL Bank in Pakistan as they have special procedure for opening these bank accounts. For this bank account, you do not need to go to embassy. Here is complete information for you.
- You can also have a Blocked account opened with any other German bank. For bank account forms please get in touch with the bank of your choice in Germany. Currently, only Deutsche Bank (www.deutsche-bank.de) offers the service of this type of blocked accounts for foreign students throughout Germany. By choosing this bank for you blocked account, you will have to follow the procedure below:
For opening the bank account, your signature on the documents to open a blocked account has to be attested by the Embassy in Islamabad, the Consulate General in Karachi or the Honorary Consul in Lahore. For the attestation appointment please provide your passport and a black-and-white copy including page 2 / the page showing your signature.
For an appointment with the Consular Section of the Embassy please click: here. Don’t forget that you will have to pay a fees for this appointment. It could be paid at the Embassy and it is about 4000 PKR (25,- €), but may change due to exchange rate.