Norway is perhaps the 2nd best option after Germany to study for free. Learn all important requirements in this short video and it will help you to successfully start your journey to study in Norway.
Following are the major documents you need to submit with th visa application
- passport and copy of all used pages in passport
- signed cover letter from the Application portal (or application form).The cover letter is the attachment you received via email when you registered your application online. Please print it and attach it with your visa application. If it was not possible for you to apply online, please attach a filled-out application form. (click to open)
- two new/recent passport size photos with white background
- National Identity Card if the applicant is over 18 years.
- FRC (family registration certificate) if the applicant is over 18 years old, or CRC (Child registration certificate) if the applicant is under 18 years (for Pakistanis)
- Completely filled in family forms for parents and parents-in-law’s- and own family View explanation
- a letter of full-time admission from an approved educational institution, stating your name, which studies you have admission to, at what level the studies are and how long the program lasts
- Certificate of Matriculation (attested by the relevant local Education Board)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (attested by the relevant local Education Board)
- University or college certificate/transcripts/degrees (attested by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan)
- documentation that you have sufficient funds:You must show that you have funds equivalent of NOK 111 657 per year or that you will have a yearly income equivalent of this sum (or a combination of funds and income). You must document this in one or more of these ways:
- Statement of support from the State Education Loan Fund (Lånekassen) or documentation which shows that you receive other types of grants/financial support
- A work contract for part time work which shows how many hours you will work per week, your pay and the duration of the contract.
- A bank statement from your account in a Norwegian bank, or a statement from the educational institution that you have deposited the amount in an account that the educational institution has opened for this purpose.
- documentation which shows that you have somewhere to live in Norway This can be a house, apartment, a room in a shared flat or similar. If you are renting, you must hand in a written rental contract which is approved by the house owner, manager or housing co-operative.
Additional documents for some applications
If you submit your application in a country other than your home country
documentation that you have held a residence permit for the last six months in this country
If you want a representative to follow up your application in UDI on your behalf
power of attorney form Attach this form
If you are between 15 and 18 years old
- birth certificate
- consent from your parents to you studying in NorwayYou must hand in one of these two documents
- the UDI’s consent form for children/minors to study in Norway (pdf, 540 kB), filled in and signed by both your parents (www.udi.no/forms)
- a statement where your parents write that they consent to you studying in Norway. The statement must be signed by both your parents, or by the persons who have the parental responsibility for you.
- copy of both your parent’s passports or ID with photo and signature
- if only one of your parents has parental responsibility: documentation from a public authority which shows who has parental responsibility
- if one of your parents is dead: death certificate
- if relevant, a written explanation as to why you cannot present one or more of the documents mentioned above